Kenson provide the missing link between Cisco Works
and fully automated desk top or intranet based network
Why do we perform this Integration?
Cisco Works provides a huge amount of detail for
complex Cisco based networks. There is often a need to make this information
easy to interpret and accessible to a wide range of people. NetViz, the premier
network documentation tool, can do this. The results from this service empower
you to better understand and operate your network.
How do we perform the service?
By linking netViz to Cisco Works Kenson have created a
tool for better managing networks and have also streamlined the creation of
comprehensive network documentation for Cisco based networks. This creates
network diagrams which can be posted as web pages or viewed with netViz
In discussion with the clients, we will scope the
project. This involves the following:
- Kenson require access to your Cisco Works
- Establishment of the graphics you want to use to
represent routers, switches, links and so on.
- Agreement of site and device naming
- Discussion on the final look and feel of the
- An electronic version of the documentation.
- Written procedures summarizing how the
documentation was created.
- A copy of netViz Professional software.
- Up to 5 days on site assistance.
An optional four-day netViz training course, which
includes a one day Structuring Databases using netViz course, is available to
allow clients to maintain and update their documentation. Kenson would highly
recommended this as the training is particularly valuable in creating and
maintaining change control procedures.
Key Service Aspects
- We integrate & re-format your existing Cisco
Works data to reduce timescales & costs.
- We provide you with a graphical representation of
your Cisco Works data.
- Kenson have developed best practice documentation
methodologies and therefore offer a structured approach to documentation in
- We produce data which enhances change management
Key Service Benefits
- Saves time and money by enhancing your existing
Cisco Works data to provide a more comprehensible view of your network.
- Web publishing makes network data more accessible
and keeps staff up to date with network changes.
- Quality documentation makes it easier to maintain
and improve your network service delivery, as change is often the biggest
source of disruption.
- Faultfinding time is reduced, as planning changes
is quicker as a result of fewer misunderstandings that result in service
- Empowerment - You will have a graphical
representation of what you have on your network, where it is and how it is
configured as well as the confidence that the information is always up to
How to engage Kenson
Call Kenson on 01285 647900 and indicate your initial
requirements. We will then help to scope out an approach that meets project
costs, timescale and resource requirements. Upon agreement of scope, the
project can then be planned in detail and implemented.
Kenson can perform the data capture, which can be
automated or manual, site visits are required to check local connectivity. The
documentation can be made available through web browsers using web publishing,
although the service does not include this as standard. Where change control is
difficult to implement, it may also be worth considering a regular audit
service to ensure that accuracy and consistency is maintained.